What does Link Building mean?
Link building is the most challenging part of an SEO’s work which is also crucial to success.
Link building has remained an evergreen technique of driving traffic to one’s website that is enough to get a high number of high-quality links pointing your website in the correct context.
Link building should be a part of your growth strategy and should drive direct traffic of the audience to your website.
Placing links on websites that will actually generate traffic to your own site is a good practice.
Now we know what actually is meant by link building and so we can quickly take a leap into the best link building strategies.
Best Link Building Strategies
- Get to know your audience.
- Request links/get your customers to link to you.
- Build a blog and allow guest blog posts as well as blog commenting.
- Answer questions on Quora.
- Be newsworthy(Press releases and Media interviews with an influencer).
- Make a list of websites that appeal to your desired audience and match content to websites.
- Create and write amazing content that inspires natural linking and viral sharing.
- Reach out.
- Use social media.
Get to know your Audience
Knowing your audience better can help you expand their number as well as find the new audience.
To do this you need to examine and determine two points i.e
- Who is my audience right now?
- How does my ideal audience look like?
For example, if your website is all about Digital Marketing then you should focus to reach an audience who are looking into digital marketing modules.
So to work it out you need to do some research to get to know your audience.
Request links/get your customers to link to you
You can go for requesting links from your trusted insights upon a website or blog as well as get your loyal customers and regular partners to link to you who love your brand.
You can do this attractively by sending out partnership badges (a graphic icon that links back to your site) like Google does it with their Adwords certification program.
As you would get customers using your stickers, wearing your t-shirts these links are the best way to achieve the same feat on the web.
Build a blog, allow guest blog posts and blog commenting
Build your own blog and make it valuable, informative and an entertaining resource as this is one of the most important link building strategy being practised over years.
Blogs usually contribute unique and fresh content on a consistent basis, allow us to participate across the web and earn links from other blogs as well as blog directories.
Coming to blog commenting, it has proved to be a reliable source in competing with the backlinks.
Besides improving your website visibility, raising authority, blog commenting also gets new links and of course, drives traffic.
- Search for the articles similar to the ones you already have.
- Read the article and comments completely.
- Prepare your response with a link to the relevant resource on your website.
Allowing guest blog posts and enabling guest blogging helps your website get spread over the internet eminently.
Guest posting allows earning backlinks and also gains new audience as well as traffic.
On the other hand, guest blogging has a two-way benefit of you getting a promotion and the guest blogger gets a backlink.
- Firstly develop the content from which you get the authority.
- Identify and contact suitable bloggers/websites.
- Followup and promote that particular story on all the possible channels.
- Finally, post replies to the comments.
Answer questions on Quora
- Search and identify all suitable questions.
- Prepare unique response with links to your content.
- Post and promote.
Be newsworthy(Press releases and Media interviews with an influencer)
It is always an effective way to earn the attention of the press, bloggers and news media as it helps you to earn links.
Also take a step ahead and conduct media interviews with an influencer so that it is an easy medium to reach into the public.
Make a list of websites that appeal to your desired audience and match content to websites
When you have a clear picture of the desired audience, you could make a list of websites that could possibly help you in reaching your new audience.
Links from these websites could help you to reach your new audience.
Choose sites from the list you already made that could link to the article you have written.
Make an effort to find those websites that fit the specific topic of your blog post or article.
Visitors that will come to your website following that link will actually be interested in the topic of your article.
Create and write amazing content that inspires natural linking and viral sharing
Your valuable content plays a vital role in getting other websites to link to your content.
The content you create and write must be well structured and appeal to the audience you are aspiring to make your readers.
This automatically enables the readers to link your website and also sharing of your website content.
Here you should contact the website you would like to link to your site.
- Prepare your story.
- Identify and contact suitable bloggers/websites and emails.
- Promote that story of yours on all the possible channels.
- Post replies to the comments.
Use social media
Share your website content/link on all the official social sites as long as your content is original and well structured.
You will also be able to get links to reach the new audience by using social media.
Make sure to tweet about your blog and articles as well.
Also nowadays, Facebook is a great way to get your articles exposed and get promoted within no time.
As a lot of people tweet, like and share your articles you can definitely see a scope to receive some more links.